- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Core (ext:core)
- Release Date: May 12, 2020
- Vulnerability Type: Insecure Deserialization
- Affected Versions: 9.0.0-9.5.16, 10.0.0-10.4.1
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.1:AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References:CVE-2020-11066, CWE-502
Calling unserialize() on malicious user-submitted content can result in the following scenarios:
- trigger deletion of arbitrary directory in file system (if writable for web server)
- trigger message submission via email using identity of web site (mail relay)
Another insecure deserialization vulnerability is required to actually exploit mentioned aspects.
Update to TYPO3 versions 9.5.17 or 10.4.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who reported and fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.